Zebra is a wireless modular synthesizer. It combines many different types of synthesis with a powerful modulation engine. Imagine – you can create any additive, freehand or spline-based waveform you like, apply a vast selection of spectral effects, morph between those waves and send them through classic synth filters. Perhaps use that entire sound as modulator for an FM oscillator, or route it through a comb filter – the building block of physical modelling synthesis. All generator modules, all signal paths, all effects are stereo.
Although the possibilities are practically infinite, you will never be overwhelmed by needless complexity – Zebra’s adaptive interface only shows the modules you are actually using. It’s a fascinating playground for sound designers! That’s what Zebra is all about, that’s why it has become so popular. That’s why thousands of free presets are available online.
- The unique patching system is a bliss to work with, complexity never gets in your way
- It is renowned for crystal-clear quality… which can turn dark & dirty if you want
- No static samples here – pure synthesis delivers more expressive & natural sounds
- Heavily featured in blockbusters The Dark Knight, Inception, Transformers, Tron:Legacy…
- The editor window is resizable, and there are some nice alternative skins available
- It has an independent charm, with a vibrant community of helpful users in the KVR forum
- The clever design and adaptive UI keep everything you need on a single page
- Current PC or intel Mac
- Multicore CPU with SSE2
- (Sandy Bridge architecture or newer recommended)
- Mac OSX 10.5 or newer
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- 1GB RAM, more recommended
- 30MB free disc space
- display 1000x600px and up
- OSX: VST2 or AU compatible host software
- Windows: VST2 compatible host software
- Supports 32bit and 64bit in all formats
- AAX support for Pro Tools 10, 11 & 12
No refunds are possible on digital products – view our full Refund Policy here.