X-Gate delivers a range of unique control features for extended sound sculpting – use the intuitive sidechain filter interface and mid/side balance options to focus the gate on unwanted sounds and leave the processed signal as natural or affected as you’d like.
In addition to visual feedback including the hardware-inspired traffic light system for immediate visual confirmation of the gate’s current status, the rolling waveform visualisation graph provides an intuitive display of the incoming signal against which to set your open and close thresholds.
Ideal not only for sound design in the mixing stage, X-Gate introduces variable lookahead times and zero additional plug-in latency at the lowest setting, making it the perfect tool for tracking situations where mic bleed can distract from the primary source material.
The EXP and DUCK modes immediately drops the plug-in into two additional modes, visualised by the I/O graph: fixed expander mode for transparent gating, and duck mode for attenuating a signal only when it exceeds a threshold – combine this with your DAW’s sidechain for intelligent ducking.
- Easy-to-use THRESHOLD and RANGE controls, visually aligned with WAVEFORM GRAPH and GAIN REDUCTION METER for co-ordinated control
- ROLLING WAVEFORM VISUALISATION GRAPH for setting the perfect threshold
- Hysteresis – split OPEN and CLOSE THRESHOLD behaviour
- ATTACK, RELEASE and HOLD time parameters gives detailed control over the shaping of the audio
- Tune the performance of the gate using the interactive FILTER GRAPH to apply HIGH- and LOW-PASS FILTERS the sidechain signal
- Use the EXPANDER mode and accompanying KNEE control for a more transparent option: make quiet signals quieter, and expand the dynamic range of the signal
- Simple discrete LOOKAHEAD options for minimising the latency when using a lookahead
- Transform the plug-in into a production ducker with a single click – use DUCK mode to invert the sidechain logic, attenuating the signal only when it exceeds the threshold i.e., to duck the music when you speak into your microphone
- Tailor the gate to best suit your source material using PEAK/RMS DETECTION options
- Tri-colour TRAFFIC LIGHT CUES give a clear indication on the momentary open/closed/hold state of the gate
- Use the MID/SIDE processing options to trigger the gate in creative ways or gate only the mono or stereo components on the signal
- SIDECHAIN and GATE audition modes
SSL plug-ins can be authorised by machine-based iLok licensing or iLok 2 / iLok 3 USB dongles.
- Windows 10, Windows 11
- macOS Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey
- VST2, VST3, AU, AAX
- Apple Silicon / ARM / M1
No refunds are possible on digital products – view our full Refund Policy here.