X-Gate and X-Limit in a special offer bundle.
X-Gate delivers a range of unique control features for extended sound sculpting – use the intuitive sidechain filter interface and mid/side balance options to focus the gate on unwanted sounds and leave the processed signal as natural or affected as you’d like.
In addition to visual feedback including the hardware-inspired traffic light system for immediate visual confirmation of the gate’s current status, the rolling waveform visualisation graph provides an intuitive display of the incoming signal against which to set your open and close thresholds.
Ideal not only for sound design in the mixing stage, X-Gate introduces variable lookahead times and zero additional plug-in latency at the lowest setting, making it the perfect tool for tracking situations where mic bleed can distract from the primary source material.
The EXP and DUCK modes immediately drops the plug-in into two additional modes, visualised by the I/O graph: fixed expander mode for transparent gating, and duck mode for attenuating a signal only when it exceeds a threshold – combine this with your DAW’s sidechain for intelligent ducking.
- Easy-to-use THRESHOLD and RANGE controls, visually aligned with WAVEFORM GRAPH and GAIN REDUCTION METER for co-ordinated control
- ROLLING WAVEFORM VISUALISATION GRAPH for setting the perfect threshold
- Hysteresis – split OPEN and CLOSE THRESHOLD behaviour
- ATTACK, RELEASE and HOLD time parameters gives detailed control over the shaping of the audio
- Tune the performance of the gate using the interactive FILTER GRAPH to apply HIGH- and LOW-PASS FILTERS the sidechain signal
- Use the EXPANDER mode and accompanying KNEE control for a more transparent option: make quiet signals quieter, and expand the dynamic range of the signal
- Simple discrete LOOKAHEAD options for minimising the latency when using a lookahead
- Transform the plug-in into a production ducker with a single click – use DUCK mode to invert the sidechain logic, attenuating the signal only when it exceeds the threshold i.e., to duck the music when you speak into your microphone
- Tailor the gate to best suit your source material using PEAK/RMS DETECTION options
- Tri-colour TRAFFIC LIGHT CUES give a clear indication on the momentary open/closed/hold state of the gate
- Use the MID/SIDE processing options to trigger the gate in creative ways or gate only the mono or stereo components on the signal
- SIDECHAIN and GATE audition modes
SSL X-Limit is an easy-to-use and visual limiter for increasing the loudness of your tracks and buses without the fear of clipping – featuring multiple set characteristics ranging from extremely transparent to colour and glue, a standard-compliant True Peak algorithm for precision processing, and useful feedback about the limiter’s impact on the stereo image of your signal.
The all-in-one left-to-right waveform visualisation lets you set the limiter threshold and ceiling against the incoming signal – then dial in the gain to increase loudness while catching peaks.
X-Limit includes 4 preset styles – Transparent, Glue, Punch and Auto – that adjusts the ballistics under-the-hood to achieve different characteristic responses for any given situation. Use in Punch mode to smash a drum bus, on vocals and acoustic guitars in Transparent mode to catch peaks, or Glue mode on a sub-group for a unified sound. The Auto mode provides a set-and-forget options that adjusts the time constants depending on the transient content of your signal.
The unique Steering and Ducking meters indicate how the limiting process might influence the stereo image of your signal, and to provide feedback to minimise stereo degradation using the Channel Link control.
In addition, X-Limit provides several workflow enhancements such as Gain Lock, I/O difference auditioning, Gain Match – as well as a Mix control to dial the original signal back in, especially when using X-Limit to add punch and character rather than catch and control peaks.
Maximise your tracks and buses – smooth and musical limiter plug-in for controlling peaks and maximising loudness with minimal latency.
All-in-one visual limiter – use the all-in-one waveform visualiser and threshold/ceiling slider to set the response of the limiter against the incoming signal.
SSL’s True Peak, standard-compliant limiting algorithm – see momentary and max True Peak value readouts, and ensure that inter-sample peaks are effectively and efficiently limited with intelligent oversampling.
Transparent, Glue, Punch and Auto modes – pick from 4 carefully designed limiter characteristics for quick and versatile processing to suit a wide range of material.
Ducking and Steering meters to minimise stereo degradation – use Channel Link and observe the meters to visualise the effect of limiting on your stereo image.
- Pick from 4 carefully designed limiter characteristics – Transparent, Glue, Punch and Auto
- True Peak mode engages SSL’s True Peak algorithm to ensure that inter-sample peaks are effectively limited using intelligent oversampling
- All-in-one visualiser and threshold/ceiling sliders let you easily set parameters against the incoming signal level
- Set the Ceiling in True Peak mode to prevent your signal from exceeding a maximum level
- Pull down the Threshold control to control when limiting kicks in
- Auto style automatically adjusts the ballistics on the limiter based on the transient content of the signal
- Auto Release overrides the release time, automatically shortening for transient peaks and prolonging it for sustained sounds
- Use the advanced fade-in Lookahead algorithm to smoothly catch transients
- Accurate momentary and max True Peak value readouts
- Use on the master bus to transparently add loudness to your mix
- Channel Link blends between stereo or independent left/right limiting
- ITU-R B.S. 1770 and Apple ‘afclip’ True Peak detection standard compliant
- Minimise stereo degradation using the Steering and Ducking meters
- Gain Match allows you to preview the effect of the limiter without the psychoacoustic effect of the signal level increase
- Use Gain Lock to maintain the applied gain to quickly demo different presets and styles on your source material
- Mix control to dial back in the original signal when using the limiter to add punch or character rather than catch peaks
SSL plug-ins can be authorised by machine-based iLok licensing or iLok 2 / iLok 3 USB dongles.
- Windows 10, Windows 11
- macOS Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey
- VST2, VST3, AU, AAX
- Apple Silicon / ARM / M1
No refunds are possible on digital products – view our full Refund Policy here.