Inspired by the original EMT 140 plate reverb, we captured the gorgeous sound and vibe of this studio classic and turned it into a fun and musically inspiring plug-in. And we couldn’t resist pushing the limits of reality, so we added a couple of fun twists that let you take Little Plate to spaces the original hardware only dreamed of.
Once we recreated the iconic 140 sound, we couldn’t resist going even further.
While the original reverb could only muster a modest five seconds of reverberation time, we pushed that number higher. A lot higher. With Decay Time set to infinity, Little Plate’s reverb tails never fade away.
The EMT 140 was introduced in 1957 and was capable of dense and smooth reverberation unlike anything the world had heard. While it doesn’t exactly sound like a real room, it has a beauty of its own, which is why plate reverb is still such a sought-after sound even many decades later. 140s are getting hard to find though, and replacement parts even harder. Not to mention their sheer size and weight keep them out of reach of the average studio.
- Add the sound of vintage plate reverb to your tracks
- Push beyond the limits of the hardware with extended reverb decay time
- Create infinite reverb effects that never decay
- Optional modulation for natural-sounding variation in the reverb tail
- Low Cut filter to tame low frequency build-up
- 25 distinct presets to quickly dial in a sound
- Operating systems: Mac OS X 10.8 or later; Windows 7 or later
- An internet connection is required at the time of activation
No refunds are possible on digital products – view our full Refund Policy here.