CHROMA personifies the ageless beauty of the piano. Painstakingly recorded from a world class Yamaha C3, it fully captures the sonic exuberance of the ideal piano sound. It is not only the perfect recreation of the acoustic properties, but also a full exploration of the instrument. From the profundity of the single note, to mallets, pads, and e-bow, able to create rich and inspiring soundscapes – CHROMA is more than a piano, it is the experience of the piano itself.
Choose Your Piano
Although CHROMA was recorded from a top-class Yamaha C3, it has been developed to shape the sound to any timbre you might need. With an adjustable velocity curve, the dynamic response can be matched to any keyboard. The sound can further be adjusted by attack, decay, delay, density, octavation, detune, sample-start, pan-randomizer and more.
Realism At Your Fingers
With fully adjustable mechanical sounds (Note On, Note Off, Pedal) and 4 freely adjustable microphone positions (A/B, X/Y, ORTF and submic), CHROMA will become the choice piano for all your high-quality orchestral needs.
Sound Design Tools
The piano was completely explored for the recording of this library. Not only were the notes played the traditional way, but was also recorded using mallets, brushes, palm mutes, e-bow and chains, all adjustable and combinable in the virtual instrument itself. A range of creative effects are also included.
Add Mechanical Detail
Live the pure grand piano experience and control mechanical sounds like Note On, Note Off and Pedal for an even more realistic feel.
- Revolutionary SONUSCORE flagship grand piano
- Perfect recreation of the acoustic properties of a Yamaha C3 piano
- Also an inspiring tool for creating new and abstract soundscapes
- Full mod wheel support of its unique core engine, inspired by TIME TEXTURES
- Multiple modifiable articulations like brushes, mallets, e-bows, palm mutes and chains
- 23 velocity layers and 8 round robins
- 4 freely adjustable microphone positions
- Over 90 ready-to-go naturalistic & cinematic ensemble presets
- Works with the FREE KONTAKT PLAYER
- KONTAKT Version 6.7.1 or higher
- macOS 10.14 or higher
- Windows 10 or higher
- 8GB RAM (more recommended)
- At least 11 GB of free hard disk space. SSD hard disk recommended.
- Be advised that some presets of CHROMA need a fast CPU to run smoothly and require an Intel i7 processor or higher.
No refunds are possible on digital products – view our full Refund Policy here.