PSP Impressor emulates the classic characteristics of compressors with valve and opto-electronic circuits as well as classic modern compression solutions. PSP Impressor also offers a highly configurable side-chain feature. The side-chain filter has a significant effect on PSP Impressor’s sound and operation. The filter also enables the user to operate the compressor as a de-esser or to lessen the pumping effects of heavy kick drums and the like, based on the side-chain settings.
PSP Impressor also works very well in combination with the PSP Saturator. With the PSP Impressor before the PSP Saturator in the signal path (think of a bus compressor before a tape machine), you can employ both plug-ins simultaneously (at subtle settings!) in order to impart a very cohesive sound, like your mix was being produced on expensive analog hardware. Of course, you can also reverse the order, placing PSP Saturator before PSP Impressor—never be afraid to experiment!
- a wide range of soft knee characteristics
- either peak or RMS level detection
- external or internal side chain signal with a smooth bell-type filter
- an output algorithm which can operate as either a brick wall limiter or soft saturation algorithm to preserve peaks above 0dBFS
An iLok account is required.
MAC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- AudioUnit: macOS 10.12 – macOS 12.01 Monterey / 64-bit AudioUnit compatible host application
- VST: macOS 10.12 – macOS 12.01 Monterey / 64-bit VST compatible host application
- VST3: macOS 10.12 – macOS 12.01 Monterey / 64-bit VST3 compatible host application
- AAX: macOS 10.12 – macOS 12.01 Monterey / 64-bit Pro Tools 11, 12 or Pro Tools HD 11, 12 or Pro Tools Ultimate
PC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- VST3: Windows 7 – Windows 11 / 64-bit VST3 compatible application
- VST: Windows 7 – Windows 11 / 64-bit VST compatible application
- AAX: Windows 7 – Windows 11 / 64-bit Pro Tools 11, 12 or Pro Tools HD 11, 12 or Pro Tools Ultimate
No refunds are possible on digital products – view our full Refund Policy here.