The Echorec 2 (in Italian, Echorec 2º meaning “the second Echorec”) was one of a line of famous magnetic drum delays designed and built by Binson Amplificatori Hi-Fi S. p. A. since the 1950s. The Echorec 2 was released in 1960, and is considered by many to be the best-sounding in the line. It had unprecedented quality compared to the tape delays of the era, with a warm and musical sound due to the distinctive character of its Class A triode tube design.
Although the Echorec 2 was incredible for many reasons, the inspiration for PSP BinAmp came from the ingenious design and wonderful sound of its preamplifier. This easy-to-use plug-in provides rich, easily controllable saturation that sounds great on everything from drums and vocals to electric pianos, synthesizers, and drum loops. Added features include high pass filtering and high-frequency rolloff, a –20 dB pad with output gain compensation, polarity switching at input and output, blend control for saturated/unsaturated signals, and a unique Variation setting that adjusts the individual behavior of multiple instances of the plug-in across your DAW session.
Simple to use and wonderful to hear, PSP BinAmp gives your tracks a little (or a lot) of that rich Binson tone.
- High-quality signal processing algorithms
- Internal quad sampling (up to 192 kHz) for great sound even at low sample rates
- High Pass filter
- Preamp Character control
- High frequency Rolloff control
- Drive level control ±20 dB
- Output level control up to ±20 dB
- Adjustable Variation between channels and instances of the plug-in
- Input PAD –20 dB for processing high level signals
- Separate input and output Polarization buttons
- Drive or Output level indication
- Parameter filtering for smooth and click-free parameter adjustment
- Support for sample rates up to 384 kHz
- Only 13 samples of latency, regardless of sample rate
MAC Minimum Requirements
- AudioUnit: macOS 10.12 – macOS 13 Ventura, 64-bit AudioUnit compatible host application
- VST: macOS 10.12 – macOS 13 Ventura, 64-bit VST compatible application
- VST3: macOS 10.12 – macOS 13 Ventura, 64-bit VST3 compatible host application
- AAX: macOS 10.12 – macOS 13 Ventura, Pro Tools 64-bit
PC Minimum Requirements
- VST: Windows 7 – Windows 11, 64-bit VST compatible application
- VST3: Windows 7 – Windows 11, 64-bit VST3 compatible application
- AAX: Windows 7 – Windows 11, Pro Tools 64-bit
Up to date iLok License Manager application installed
No refunds are possible on digital products – view our full Refund Policy here.