Spaced Out is a lush wet-FX generator, built for sending your sounds and vocals into weightless, heavenly orbit. It combines a crystalline reverb engine with a wealth of modulation options and a 16-step delay sequencer. In total, more than 50 individual effects come together in a singular creative experience with endless outcomes and zero sub-menus.
Spaced Out hosts an automatic ‘Generate’ function, which will create new textures at the click of a button and give you fresh ideas for where to take your tracks. We’ll see you on the other side!
A SPACE ECHO FOR THE 21ST CENTURY?
It is no secret that we at BABY Audio are obsessed with the quirks, sounds and simplicity of vintage analog gear. With every software product we make, we hope to offer a little bit of that same hands-on experience and instant gratification. Never by emulating the past — but by tapping into its spirit to invent something new.
With Spaced Out, we asked ourselves this: How would we design a “space echo” effect today, almost 50 years after the original, with the abundance of computer power and algorithmic complexity at our disposal?
We set out to create an effect as fun, flavored and futuristic for the 21st century as the Space Echo was for its own time. It’s been an epic journey and we’re proud to have returned with our most complex plugin to date.
Spaced Out offers a pristine sounding one-stop solution for your wet-fx needs on drums, instruments and vocals. Use it subtly to add depth and movement — or go explore the outer bounds of wet-FX processing.
- 16-step delay sequencer sync’ed to the DAW’s tempo
- Modes: Straight, 2x, Dotted, Triplet
- Intensity: Sets the sequencer’s behavior through sustain and feedback controls
- Dimension: Off, Ultra-Wide and Motion modes
- Texture: Clean, Wonky Tape, Lofi and Hazy modes
- Reverse: Reverses the delay playback
- Filter: Analog-modeled low and high pass filters
- X-Y based joystick control for intuitively morphing between reverb length and modulation behavior
- Programs: Vacuum, Small Space, Medium Space, Outer Space
- Pre-Delay: 0-250 milliseconds
- Stardust: Adds an angelic, sustained shimmer to the reverb tail
- Mellow: Dual low and high end dampening filter
- Clean-Up: Feeds an altered dry signal into the reverb algorithm, for a cleaner and less dense response
- Width: Sets the reverb width between wide and mono
- Mixer: X-Y joystick control for seamlessly morphing between the Echoes/Space and Wet/Dry signals
- Generate: musically tuned randomizing function for instantly generating new effect configurations
- Lift-Off: Glues the wet signals together through a combination of compression, mid-side processing and EQ
- Ducker: Ducks the wet signal when the dry signal is playing
- Ducker Sync: Syncs the ducker to your DAW’s BPM for a pumping ‘four-on-the-floor’ effect
- Output: Controls the global effect output
- Windows 7 and up
- VST, VST3, AAX
Mac OS X
- Mac OS 10.7 and up including Catalina.
- Ableton Live, Cubase, Logic Pro, Nuendo, Pro Tools, FL Studio, Reaper, Reason + more.
No refunds are possible on digital products – view our full Refund Policy here.