Employing four sine-wave oscillators, Sines utilizes diverse waveshaping methods to bend these pure waveforms into infinitely variable and complex shapes. When combined with its wide-ranging modulation capabilities and effects, users can create a distinctive array of unique timbres ranging from the sublime to sizzling.
The Power of Four
The state-of-the-art Sines interface provides immediate hands-on access to all sound parameters. It comes alive with illuminated indicators, color, and mini oscilloscopes, providing instant visual feedback. The primary sound design controls are grouped horizontally in bands emphasizing its “four of everything” nature: four LFOs, four oscillators, and four envelope generators. At the core of each section are the unique sine-wave oscillator waveshaping controls: feedback, phase, width, shape, wavefold, and drive, along with a sub (octave-down) oscillator and a super (octave-up) oscillator. Phase modulation and ratio dials allow the oscillators to be configured in a modulator/carrier arrangement for four-op DX/FM-style synthesis.
But these dangerous curves are just the beginning. Sines features Cherry Audio’s most extensive multimode filter to date, four LFOs with 14 wave shapes, four envelope generators, an arpeggio, a “best of” selection of Cherry Audio’s finest acclaimed effects, a drift function, and an integrated eight-band graphic EQ. Many controls include an adjacent mod source button, and an outrageously comprehensive four-slot mod matrix provides considerable modulation options for nearly every Sines parameter.
Three Ways to Play
Mastering Sines may seem like rocket science, but we’ve made it easy to get started. Sines includes over 700 presets, both practical and cutting-edge, as well as a comprehensive user guide that’s fun to read. Moreover, the aural and visual immediacy of Sines encourages experimentation and provides a deeper understanding of how the elements interact. In little time, users can design individualised sounds ranging from glorious evolving pads, bright FM plucks, distinctive leads, crisp percussive tones, and much more.
Sines lends itself well to three more direct approaches to sound design: standard subtractive synthesis, where sine waves are wave-shaped into other familiar waveforms, then processed through an analog-style filter. Alternately, an additive synthesis approach stacks sine waves at different pitches and amplitudes, like a supercharged Hammond tonewheel organ. Finally, oscillators can modulate each other in multiple configurations, mimicking the classic DX-style FM carrier and modulator architecture with much less effort than original 80s instruments.
To get users up and running, Cherry Audio and Tim Shoebridge have again teamed up to create an introductory video to walk users through the outstanding features and sound design strategies of Sines.
- Four independent sine waveform oscillators, with waveshaping controls to bend the pure waveforms into other standard waves (sawtooth, square, pulse, triangle) and more complex and novel shapes
- Six waveshaper controls: feedback, phase, width, shape, wavefold, and drive, each with modulation source assignments available
- Sub (octave-down sine wave) oscillator and a super oscillator (octave-up sine wave) for each oscillator
- Oscillator utility function to copy/paste, randomize, or reset any oscillator settings
- Glide (portamento) and keyboard (pitch) controls independently enabled for each oscillator
- Up to 16-voice polyphony
- Polyphonic (two modes), chord memory, single voice, and unison with unison detune
- Resonant multimode filter with 6, 12, 18 or 24 dB/oct lowpass, highpass, bandpass, or notch modes
- Four tempo-syncable LFOs with 14 waveforms: sine, triangle, sawtooth, sawtooth, exponential sawtooth, logarithmic sawtooth, three-step sawtooth, four-step ramp, exponential ramp, logarithmic ramp, three-step ramp, and four-step square random
- ADSR filter and amplifier envelope generators with velocity controls
- Two additional auxiliary envelope generators usable as mod sources
- Four-slot mod matrix allows modulation of nearly every parameter in Sines
- Arpeggiator with tempo sync
- Four fully modulatable effects sections: multiple distortion and sample-crushing options; mod FX with phaser, chorus, flanger, or rotary speaker; delay with stereo, ping-pong, or tape delay modes; five reverb effects, including our acclaimed “Galactic” algorithm
- Drift controls that optionally apply variation to oscillators and filter frequencies to add authentic analog character
- Eight-band graphic EQ
- Channel pressure and polyphonic aftertouch as a polyphonic modulation source
- Support for MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) — Pitch, Channel Pressure, and Timbre — making Sines capable of more organic and expressive performances when using MPE-compatible controllers
- Cherry Audio’s popular Focus zoom-in feature, as well as standard UI zoom and resize with drag
- Over 700 presets created by a talented and diverse group of sound design veterans
- Complete MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls, with easy-to-use MIDI learn
- Preset and Global level MIDI mapping
- Highly optimized coding for optimal performance with ultra-low CPU load
- User-adjustable oversampling control
Sines is available in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and standalone formats.
Internet connection required for product activation.
MAC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- macOS 10.13 or above
- macOS 13 Ventura Beta supported
- 64-bit required. Native Apple M1 processor support
- 3.4 GHz Quad-Core or M1 CPU with 8GB of RAM recommended
PC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Windows 7 or above (including Windows 11), 64-bit required
- 3.4 GHz Quad-Core computer with 8GB of RAM recommended
No refunds are possible on digital products – view our full Refund Policy here.