Cherry Audio PS-3300 is an exactingly faithful virtual analogue emulation of the Korg semi-modular analogue polyphonic synth released in 1977. With only around 50 units produced, the original PS-3300 has often been cited as a holy grail of gear – a mythical monster synth so powerful that even Bob Moog said it was “the best synthesiser for fat sounds.” Its stacked sonics, signature multiple‑resonator sweeps and considerable patching capabilities are what distinguished the PS-3300 from all other polysynths of the era.
Cherry Audio’s PS-3300 virtual instrument replicates the functionality and sonic characteristics of the original’s three signal generator panels, essentially three complete polyphonic synthesizers that each included six-waveform oscillators; two modulation generators (LFOs); dynamic lowpass filters, envelopes, and amps; its distinguishing triple-peak resonators; independent per-note “temperament” tuning knobs; and patchable jacks (with virtual cables) for signal routing. Cherry Audio has respectfully updated its features for the modern studio environment with PS- or MS-style filter options, tempo sync, copy/paste between panels, and temperament tuning presets.
The original PS-3300’s master panel included a signal mixer, sample & hold, a general envelope generator and modular jacks for advanced sound shaping and control. Cherry Audio has elegantly expanded this section with continuously variable CV control of level, per-channel panning, bend range, and studio-quality integrated chorus, delay, and reverb effects. With additional touches including Cherry Audio’s unique Focus zoom-in feature, unlimited cables and multiples per jack, and versatile MIDI mapping, Cherry Audio’s PS-3300 will satisfy both vintage synth enthusiasts and modern music producers.
The Electronic Music Education and Preservation Project (EMEAPP) allowed Cherry Audio full access to their vintage PS-3300, celebrating this pre-eminent piece of synth history. PS-3300 includes over 360 professionally designed presets by sound designers James Terris, INHALT, and Drew Schlesinger, including a Legacy collection of patches diagrammed in the original PS-3300 owner’s manual. Even more extraordinary sounds are available in the Resonation Preset Pack (sold separately) by James Dyson, with 100 additional presets further showcasing PS-3300’s awe-inspiring and otherworldly tones.
- Exactingly faithful virtual analog emulation of the semi-modular analog polyphonic synthesizer released by Korg in 1977
- Three independent “signal generator” panels, each with an oscillator, lowpass filter, three-peak resonators, envelope with velocity, amp, two mod generator LFOs, and per-note tuning:
- 3X VCOs with six waveforms: triangle, saw, rectangle (square), two preset pulse waves (with different widths), and PWM (variable-width pulse)
- 3X resonant VCF 12 dB/oct lowpass filters with the option to select between the standard “clean” PS filter or the “crunchier” MS-style filter
- 3X modulatable “triple resonators”: 12 dB/oct bandpass filters to produce vowel and phasing tones
- 3X discreet ADSR-type envelope modulators with velocity control, and amplitude modulation
- 3X two syncable “mod generators” (LFOs) with output jacks: one with triangle, saw, ramp, rectangle, pink noise, and white noise, and the other with triangle waveform
- 3X temperament section with individual tuning knobs for the 12 chromatic notes, and temperament presets for Equal Tempered, Mean Tone System, Hepatonal System, and Just Intonation
- Copy/paste settings from one signal generator panel to another
- Polyphonic mode with up to 24 voices of polyphony and three monophonic modes: last, low, and high note priority
- Semi-modular synthesizer with virtual jack and cable system, featuring unlimited mults per jack and customizable (color, transparency, animation) cables
- Master signal mixer panel with sample & hold, general envelope generator, and two control voltage (CV) processors
- Individual channel panning
- User-selectable bend range and master tune
- Studio-quality integrated effects: chorus, echo with sync, and three types of reverb (spring, plate, and Galactic)
- Over 360 professionally designed presets in a dozen categories. These include a bonus Legacy collection of basic presets based on the patch sheets in the original PS-3300 Owner’s Manual, a 3100-based Glissando patch, and a 432 Hz Equal Temperament patch, all to get your started in your own sound design adventures.
- Standalone virtual instrument and plug-in versions
- Complete MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls, with easy-to-use MIDI Learn and mapping
- Cherry Audio’s popular Focus zoom-in feature, as well as standard UI zoom and resize via drag
- Complete documentation available directly online from the instrument or in downloadable PDF format
- User-adjustable oversampling control
PS-3300 is available in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and standalone formats.
Internet connection required for product activation.
Hard disk space: 105 MB
MAC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- macOS 10.13 or above. 64-bit required.
- Native Apple M1 or greater processor support, including Ultra.
- 3.4 GHz Quad-Core or M1 CPU with 8GB of RAM recommended.
PC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Windows 7 or above (including Windows 11), 64-bit required.
- 3.4 GHz Quad-Core computer with 8GB of RAM recommended.
No refunds are possible on digital products – view our full Refund Policy here.