Featuring the carefully crafted and intensely circuit-modelled DSP designs of award-winning developer Mark Barton, Cherry Audio has replicated every subtlety of the classics to create the most authentic emulation of its kind.
More than a Replicant
GX-80 is not just another CS-80 emulation. GX-80 adeptly integrates the GX-1’s distinctive feature set into the CS-80 architecture; most significantly, the massive dual-layer architecture that effectively made the GX-1 the equivalent of two CS-80s and then some. The GX-1’s unique highpassed resonant pulse and bandpassed sawtooth waves, octave-up triangle wave, and filter envelope inversion are incorporated, opening up a new universe of sonic experimentation. Most notably, GX-80 includes an expert reproduction of the legendary GX-1 filter, delivering exquisite timbres that even the mighty CS-80 cannot produce.
GX-80 boasts an impressive, dual-layer voicing architecture outfitted with 16 polyphonic voices per layer. The instrument is capable of sounding two different CS-80 style sounds simultaneously, while panning each rank independently, to produce exquisitely rich stereo timbres and complex, layered sounds. For ultimate flexibility and expressive performance, GX-80 provides a split keyboard mode and a clever option to simulate polyphonic aftertouch with a monophonic aftertouch controller. What’s more, the GX-80 comes pre-loaded with over 1,000 expertly designed presets and equipped with studio-grade effects, meaning jaw-dropping sounds are no more than a few clicks away.
GX-80 is more than a best-of-both-worlds interpretation of the past, and far more than a replicant. Cherry Audio’s GX-80 is an unprecedented gateway to the sounds and music of an unrealised future.
- A best-in-class virtual instrument based on two monumental analog classics: the GX-1 and CS-80
- Integrates the extended features of the GX-1 with all of the functionality of its descendant, the CS-80, for an absolutely immense sound experience; essentially, two CS-80s and more!
- Massive dual-layer voicing architecture with 16 polyphonic voices per layer: two different CS-80 style sounds simultaneously playable, in either a keyboard split or stacked layer mode, with discrete controls for layer volume and panning
- All GX-1 and CS-80 voicing parameters reproduced, including the GX-1’s unique oscillator-level filtered waveforms, octave-up triangle wave, and invert filter envelope control
- Precision recreation of both the legendary CS-80 and unmatched GX-1 filters
- Four polyphonic voice ranks, each with a voltage-controller oscillator, resonant highpass and lowpass filters, noise generator, sine wave, dual envelope generators, and a velocity-sensitive VCA
- Sub oscillator LFO for each layer with sine, sawtooth, ramp, square, sample and hold, and noise intended for modulation, with tempo sync
- Recreation of the memorable CS ring modulator that modulates the summed output of each pair of ranks with its own independent oscillator
- Coarse pitch range setting for each oscillator in traditional organ footage of 16′, 8′, 5 1/3′, 4′, 2 2/3′ and 2′, as well as the 3 1/5′ and 2 2/7′ footages exclusive to the GX-1
- Virtual pitch ribbon controller precisely modeled on the actual behavior of the original
- GX-1 specific controls clearly distinguished from standard CS-80 control parameters
- Independent rank panning and independent layer stereo effects chain for expansive and breathtaking stereo tones
- Tone Selector includes each of the original CS-80 factory presets plus user sound storage
- Panel Control for selecting layers, with a utility function for exchanging settings between ranks in a layer, the Lower and Upper sound layers, or even between presets
- Over 1,000 essential presets that make the most of every unique aspect of the GX-80, crafted by a talented and diverse group of sound design veterans
- Studio-quality integrated effects: chorus/rotary, flange/phaser, digital/tape delay with sync, and reverb, including our acclaimed “Galactic” reverb algorithm, with global or dual layer modes
- Expressive touch response worthy of the originals: velocity sensitive with support for both polyphonic and monophonic aftertouch, plus a unique “last-note priority” mode for simulated polyphonic aftertouch response
- Complete MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls, with easy-to-use MIDI learn and mapping (Preset and Global)
- Cherry Audio’s popular Focus zoom-in feature, as well as standard UI zoom and resize with drag
- Highly optimised coding for optimal performance with ultra-low CPU load
- User-adjustable oversampling control
GX-80 is available in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and standalone formats.
Internet connection required for product activation.
MAC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- macOS 10.13 or above
- macOS 13 Ventura supported
- 64-bit required
- Native Apple M1 processor support, including Apple M1 Ultra
- 3.4 GHz Quad-Core or M1 CPU with 8GB of RAM recommended
PC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Windows 7 or above (including Windows 11)
- 64-bit required
- 3.4 GHz Quad-Core computer with 8GB of RAM recommended
No refunds are possible on digital products – view our full Refund Policy here.