“New York compression” – or parallel compression – is a technique where you send your audio to a separate bus, crush it to death with expensive hardware, then blend it in with your dry track for a sound that is both powerful and dynamic. The technique was made popular in New York’s production circles in the 1990s — when million-dollar studios were readily available to anyone with a record deal.
With I Heart NY, Baby Audio brings this technique into your DAW. With a simple plugin that replicates both the sound and workflow of classic – reassuringly expensive – ‘New York style’ parallel compression.
- Parallel bus and routing hosted inside the plugin for an ultra-simple workflow
- Unique compression algorithm with bucket-loads of punch and transparency
- EQ and adaptive side-chain filtering under the hood for extra tone-shaping
- Can be used as a normal insert compressor by engaging the ‘solo’ button
- Windows 7 and up
- VST , VST3, AAX
Mac OS X
- Mac OS 10.7 and up including Catalina.
- Ableton Live, Cubase, Logic Pro, Nuendo, Pro Tools, FL Studio, Reaper, Reason + more.
No refunds are possible on digital products – view our full Refund Policy here.